Photo taken from video of my DjangoCon 2017 talk
Since the late 20th century, I've built websites and applications to make people's creative lives easier. I eat my own dog food.
I've always been a quick study, and so as a bit of a generalist, this means I can adapt to new technologies or working methods quickly. I don't deal in certainties, preferring instead to listen and learn and occasionally doubt myself, than to assume my "tried and tested" means are automatically right.
Some atypical career highlights
- Presenting regular shows on local Internet radio stations
- Producing a frequent, positive news show which made it to Apple Podcasts' New & Noteworthy list in its first few days
- Building content management systems that have been used by companies like Poundland in the West Midlands and the British Council's library in Pakistan
- Giving talks in Cardiff, Warsaw and Florence
- Presenting the award for the Comedy category at the British Podcast Awards, 2017
- Building a Twitter tool that was used by the Guardian Media Group
- Recording over a dozen audiobooks with Audible